這次全部是筆者自己翻的~~(覺得有成就感?!哈哈)

以前念書時就很想翻譯這首詩了~~

到今天再度讀到才開始~

有譯不好的地方請多多指教喔!!

 

<How Do I Love Thou 我該如何愛你>

                  by Elizabeth Barrett Browning 伊莉莎白‧巴雷特‧勃朗寧

                  Translated by Yu-Ling Chen     譯: 陳語鈴

 

How do I love thou? Let me count the ways.
我該如何愛你? 讓我計數有幾種方式。

I love thou to the depth and breadth and height
我愛你的程度如同我靈魂所能觸及的深度、廣度

My soul can reach. When feeling out of sight
和高度。在視線之外,

For the ends of Being and Ideal Grace.
摸索生存的極限和理想的恩澤

I love thou to the level of every day's 
我對你的愛如同每日生活必需的

Most quiet need, by sun and candlelight.
陽光和燭光。

I love thou freely, as man strive for Right;
我愛你的方式如此自由,如同人們謀求正義。

I love thou purely, as they turn from Praise.
我愛你的方式如此純潔,如同人們躲避頌揚。

I love thou with the passion put to use
我愛你,用我往日悲傷中所投入的全部熱情

In my old grief, and with my childhood's faith.
以及用我童年時的信仰。

 

I love thou with a love I seemed to lose
我愛你,這份愛我原本以為已經

With my lost saints, I love thee with the breath,
隨著消失的聖徒失去,我愛你,用我整個生命的呼吸、

Smiles, tears, of all my life--and, if God choose,
微笑、眼淚來愛你!--- 且如果神允許,

I shall but love thou better after death.
即使在死後,我仍將會更加愛你。

相關文章