The One With the East German Laundry Detergent

content:icy

本節辭彙:

maneuver:n.調動;演習;謹慎而熟練的動作;巧計;花招v.演習;(使某物)移動,運動;熟練而巧妙地引導

blow my mind:讓我心動

orgasm:n.性高潮

gang up on:聯合起來對付,結成一幫對付

hunger strike:n.絕食(抗議)

lay the tile:鋪磚

think through:想清楚

run over:(車輛)撞倒,碾過,軋過

espresso :意式濃縮

latte :拿鐵

get the proofs:照照片

photo shoot:攝影棚

blow off:吹倒;毀掉

do laundry:洗衣服

detergent:n.洗滌劑;去垢劑;洗衣粉

spaz:傻瓜=bonehead

Brooklyn Heights.:布魯克林高地

Broadway:百老匯

cocktails in Appalachia:Appalachia(阿巴拉契亞山脈地區)在美國因為亂倫出名,用美國人的話來說就是 If you go to a cocktail party in Appalachia, you can easily see a brother kissing his sister. 所以monica用cocktails in appalachia形容這對「兄妹」太過親熱。

put our heads together:集思廣益

grieve:v.(尤指因某人的去世而)悲傷,悲痛,傷心;使悲傷;使悲痛;使傷心

The adventure of Bullwinkle and Rocky is an NBC cartoon series, where Bullwinkle is a moose(駝鹿) and Rocky is a squirrel(松鼠).

[Scene: Central Perk, all six are there.]

Monica: Would you let it go? Its not that big a deal.

你能不說這個了嗎,又不是什麼了不起的事情

Ross: Not that big a deal? Its amazing. Ok, you just reach in there, theres one little maneuver, and bam, a bra right out the sleeve. All right, as far as Im concerned, there is nothing a guy can do that even comes close. Am I right?

沒什麼了不起的?這簡直就是不可思議。你們只需要手伸到那裡,然後用點小技巧,然後砰的一下,胸罩就在袖子那裡了。在我看來,沒有一個人能做到這個份上

maneuver:n.調動;演習;謹慎而熟練的動作;巧計;花招v.演習;(使某物)移動,運動;熟練而巧妙地引導

Rachel: Come on! You guys can pee standing up.

拜託,你們男孩子可以站著尿尿

Chandler: We can? All right, Im tryin that.

我們可以嗎?我正在嘗試

Joey: Ok, you know what blows my mind? Women can see breasts any time they want. You just look down and there they are. How you get any work done is beyond me.

你知道讓我心動的是什麼嗎?女人在任何時候都能看到胸部。你們只需要往下看,他們就在那裡。你們是如何完成工作的,這一點讓我不解。

blow my mind:讓我心動

Phoebe: Oh, ok, you know what I dont get? The way guys can do so many mean things, and then not even care.

你知道我最不解的是什麼嗎?男孩子可以做很多無恥的事情,然後他們並不以為意

(Long pause.)

Ross: Multiple orgasms!

多重高潮

orgasm:n.性高潮

Opening Credits

[Scene: Central Perk, all are there.]

Chandler: So, Saturday night, the big night, date night, Saturday night, Sat-ur-day night!

周六,值得慶祝的日子,約會的日子,周六,周---六

Joey: No plans, huh?

沒什麼計劃嗎?

Chandler: Not a one.

目前沒有

Ross: Not even, say, breaking up with Janice?

不打算和Janice說分手嗎

Chandler: Oh, right, right, shut up.

閉嘴

Monica: Chandler, nobody likes breaking up with someone. You just gotta do it.

錢德勒,沒人喜歡分手。你只要去做就好了

Chandler: No, I know, but its just so hard, you know? I mean, youre sitting there with her, she has no idea whats happening, and then you finally get up the courage to do it, and theres the horrible awkward moment when youve handed her the note.

我知道,但是這個太難了。我的意思是說,你跟她坐在一起的時候,她不知道要發生什麼,當你終於有勇氣去說這件事情的時候,在這實在尷尬的時候,你給她遞了紙條

Joey: Why do you have to break up with her? Be a man, just stop calling.

你為什麼要和她分手。做個男人吧,別給她打電話了

Phoebe: You know, if you want, Ill do it with you.

如果你需要的話,我可以跟你一起

Chandler: Oh, thanks, but I think shed feel like were gangin up on her.

謝謝,但是我覺得他會以為我們兩個聯合起來對付她

gang up on:聯合起來對付,結成一幫對付

Phoebe: No, I mean you break up with Janice and Ill break up with Tony.

不是。我是說你和Janice分手,我和Tony分手

Ross: Tony?

Monica: Oh, youre breaking up with Tony?

Phoebe: Yeah, I know, hes sweet, but its just not fun anymore, you know? I dont know if its me, or his hunger strike, or, I dont know.

我知道他很貼心,但是卻不太開心了。我不知道是我的原因,還是他絕食的原因

hunger strike:n.絕食(抗議)

Rachel: (waitressing) Does anybody want anything else?

Ross: Oh, yeah, last week you had a wonderful, nutty, chocolatey kind of a cakey pie thing. (Rachel gives him a dirty look) Nothing, just, just, Im fine.

上個星期有一個很好吃的,上面鋪滿了堅果還有巧克力的那種餡餅。。沒什麼,我不需要

Phoebe: (to Rachel) Whats the matter? Why so scrunchy?

怎麼了,怪怪的

Rachel: Its my father. He wants to give me a Mercedes convertible.

是我爸爸。他想給我一輛賓士敞篷車

convertible:敞篷車

Ross: That guy, he burns me up.

這個人真讓我生氣

burn sb. up=make sb. mad

Rachel: Yeah, well, its a Mercedes if I move back home. Oh, it was horrible. He called me young lady.

是說如果我搬回家住的話,就給我一輛賓士。這太可怕了,他稱呼我為「年輕女士」

Chandler: Ooh, I hate when my father calls me that.

我討厭我爸爸這麼叫我

Monica: Did he give you that whole "Youre-not-up-to-this" thing again?

他又給你說「你年紀太小了」

Rachel: Oh, yeah, yeah. Actually, I got the extended disco version, with three choruses of "Youll never make it on your own".

沒錯。實際上,我這次得到的是加長版的「你永遠都不可能獨立」,說了三遍

Phoebe: (rhythmically) Uh-huh, uh-huh.

(Angela, a beautiful woman in a tight dress, enters.)

Angela: Hi, Joey.

Joey: My god, Angela.

(Angela takes a seat at the counter.)

Monica: Wow, being dumped by you obviously agrees with her.

被你甩掉對她大有好處

Phoebe: Are you gonna go over there?

你要過去嗎

Joey: No, yeah, no, ok, but not yet. I dont wanna seem too eager. One Mississippi, two Mississippi, three Mississippi. That seems pretty cool. (he walks over to her) Hey, Angela.

我不想顯得太過迫切了。一個密西西比,兩個密西西比,三個密西西比。看起來真酷

Angela: (casually) Joey.

Joey: You look good.

你看起來挺不錯的

Angela: Thats because Im wearing a dress that accents my boobs.

這是因為我穿了一條很襯我胸部的裙子

accent:n.口音;腔調;土音;著重點;強調;重音v.著重;強調;突出

Joey: You dont say.

你還別說真是這樣

(Cut to Ross and Rachel, talking next to one of the tables.)

Ross: So, uh, Rachel, what are you, uh, whatre you doing tonight?

你今晚要幹嘛

Rachel: Oh, big glamour night. Me and Monica at Laundorama.

精彩豐富,我和Monica要去洗衣房

Ross: Oh, you uh, you wanna hear a freaky coincidence? Guess whos doing laundry there too?

你知道有什麼巧合的嗎?因為我也要去洗衣房

Rachel: Who?

Ross: Me. Was that not clear? Hey, why dont, um, why dont I just join you both, here?

我呀,說的還不清楚嗎?要不我加入你們吧

Rachel: Dont you have a laundry room in your building?

你房子里不是有個洗衣間 嗎

Ross: Yes, I do have a laundry room in my building, um, but theres a.... rat problem. Apparently theyre attracted to the dryer sheets, and theyre goin in fine, but theyre comin out all.... fluffy. Anyway, say, sevenish?

對,我的房子里是有個洗衣房,但是最近有老鼠。顯然他們很喜歡我的烘乾機裡面的紙。進去時還好,出來卻是毛茸茸的。我們約七點?

Rachel: Sure.

(Cut back to Joey and Angela at the counter.)

Angela: Forget it Joey. Im with Bob now.

Joey,忘記吧,我現在和Bob在一起

Joey: Bob? Who the hells Bob?

Angela: Bob is great. Hes smart, hes sophisticated, and he has a real job. You, you go on three auditions a month and you call yourself an actor, but Bob...

Bob很好,他聰明,世故,還有一份很好的工作。你一個月試鏡了三次,你就叫自己演員,但是Bob

Joey: Come on, we were great together. And not just at the fun stuff, but like, talking too.

我們以前在一起挺開心的,不僅僅是開心的事情,我們交談的也很開心啊

Angela: Yeah, well, sorry, Joe. You said lets just be friends, so guess what?

不好意思,你說我們只做朋友。你猜什麼

Joey: What?

Angela: Were just friends.

我們僅僅是朋友

Joey: Fine, fine, so, why dont the four of us go out and have dinner together tonight? You know, as friends?

好吧,為什麼我們四個不一起約會,吃個晚飯呢?以朋友的身份

Angela: What four of us?

哪四個

Joey: You know, you and Bob, and me and my girlfriend, uh, uh, Monica.

你和Bob,我和我的女朋友莫妮卡

[Scene: Monica and Rachels apartment, Joey is there, trying to convince Monica to pose as his girlfriend. His plan is to hook Monica up with Angelas boyfriend Bob and then take Angela back for himself.]

Joey: Monica, Im tellin you, this guy is perfect for you.

莫妮卡,我給你說,這個人超級適合你

Monica: Forget it. Not after your cousin who could belch the alphabet.

別說了,再跟你那個連字都說出清楚的表哥約會之後,我就再也不相信你了

Joey: Come on. This guys great. His names Bob. Hes Angelas... brother. Hes smart, hes sophisticated, and he has a real job. Me, I go on three auditions a month and call myself an actor, but Bob is...

拜託,這個人很優秀,他的名字是鮑伯。他是安吉拉的哥哥,他聰明,世故,還有一份很好的工作。我一個月試鏡了三次,我就叫自己演員,但是Bob

Monica: (looking out window) Oh, god help us.

Joey: What?

Monica: Ugly Naked Guys laying kitchen tile. Eww!

丑裸男在鋪廚房的磚

lay the tile:鋪磚

Joey: Eww! Look, Im asking a favor here. If I do this for her brother, maybe Angela will come back to me.

你幫幫我。如果我幫他哥哥的話,也許安吉拉就會跟我重歸於好

Monica: Whats going on here? You go out with tons of girls.

跟這件事情有什麼關係?你跟那麼多女生出去約過會

Joey: (proud) I know, but, I made a huge mistake. I never should have broken up with her. Will you help me? Please?

我知道,但是我出現了一個嚴重的錯誤。我不該和她分手的。求你幫幫我吧

[Scene: Ross apartment, Chandler is over.]

Ross: (on phone) Ok, bye. (hangs up) Well, Monicas not coming, its just gonna be me and Rachel.

莫妮卡不來了,只有我和瑞秋

Chandler: Oh. Well, hold on camper, are you sure youve thought this thing through?

等等,老兄?你確定想清楚了

think through:想清楚

Ross: Its laundry. The thinking through is minimal.

是洗衣服,不需要想這麼多

Chandler: Its just you and Rachel, just the two of you? This is a date. Youre going on a date.

只有你和瑞秋,只有你們兩個人。這就是約會,你們兩個要約會了

Ross: Nuh-uh.

Chandler: Yuh-huh.

Ross: So whatre you saying here? I should shave again, pick up some wine, what?

你要說什麼?我應該剃一下鬍子,挑瓶酒,還是什麼

Chandler: Well, you may wanna rethink the dirty underwear. This is basically the first time shes gonna see your underwear—you want it to be dirty?

你也許要重新考慮下你的臟內褲,這是他第一次看你的內褲,你想是髒的嗎

Ross: (sheepish) No.

Chandler: Oh, and uh, the fabric softener?

還有柔順劑

fabric softener:衣物柔順劑

Ross: Ok, ok, now what is wrong with my Snuggles? What, it says Im a sensitive, warm kinda guy, you know, like a warm, fuzzy bear. Ok, I can pick something else up on the way.

我的毛毛熊怎麼了,說明我是個敏感的暖男,就像毛茸茸的熊一樣。我可以在路上買別的

Chandler: There you go.

這就對了

[Scene: A fancy restaurant, Joey and Monica are there, meeting Angela and Bob, who Monica thinks is Angelas brother.]

Monica: Thank you. So what does this Bob guy look like? Is he tall? Short?

Bob長得怎麼樣,高嗎還是矮個子

Joey: Yep.

Monica: Which?

Joey: Which what?

Monica: Youve never met Bob, have you?

你沒見過他對嗎

Joey: No, but hes...

Monica: Oh my god, Joey, for all we know this guy could be horribly...

我的天啊,就我所知這個人可能會極其的

(Angela and Bob walk in. Bob is good-looking.)

Angela: Hey, Joey.

Monica: ...horribly attractive. Ill be shutting up now.

及其的性感。我現在閉嘴

[Scene: Central Perk, Chandler and Phoebe are there, both ready to break up with their significant others.]

Chandler: Where are they? Where are they?

Phoebe: This is nice. We never do anything just the two of us.

我們兩個人從來沒單獨做什麼

Chandler: Its great. Maybe tomorrow we can rent a car and run over some puppies.

明天也許我們能租個車,然後撞幾隻小狗

run over:(車輛)撞倒,碾過,軋過

Phoebe: Eww, I dont wanna do that.

(Janice and Phoebes boyfriend, Tony, walk in.)

Chandler: Here we go.

Phoebe: Ok, have a good break-up.

分手快樂

Chandler: Hey, Janice.

Janice: Oh, my god, I am so glad you called me. I had the most supremely awful day.

天啊,你給我打電話我真開心。我今天過得太糟糕了

Chandler: Hey, thats not good. Can I get an espresso and a latte over here, please?

那不是很好啊。這邊要杯意式濃縮和拿鐵

espresso :意式濃縮

latte :拿鐵

Janice: We got the proofs back from that photo shoot, you know, the one with the little vegetables. Anyway, they pretty much sucked, so, I blew off the rest of the day, and I went shopping...(looks through her bags)... and I got you, Im looking, Im looking, Im looking, I got you...

我們剛在那個有小蔬菜的攝影棚拍了照。不管怎麼說,這些蔬菜爛透了,所以我一天毀了。我去買東西,我給你買了。。。我在找

get the proofs:照照片

photo shoot:攝影棚

blow off:吹倒;毀掉

(Chandler sees Phoebe breaking up with Tony. She talks to him for a few seconds, hugs him, and then he leaves. Chandler is amazed how easy it was for her.)

Chandler: What?

Janice: What?

Chandler: (covering) What... did you get me there?

你給我買了什麼

Janice: I got you...these. (pulls out a pair of socks)

Chandler: Bullwinkle socks. Thats so sweet.

布溫哥的襪子,太貼心了

Janice: Well, I knew you had the Rockys, and so I figured, you know, you can wear Bullwinkle and Bullwinkle, or you can wear Rocky and Rocky,or, you can mix and match, moose and squirrel. Whatever you want.

我知道你有洛基牌的,所以我想,你可以穿布溫哥和布溫哥,也可以穿洛基和洛基,或者也可以混著穿,它們也相配,就像駝鹿和松鼠,隨便你了.

The adventure of Bullwinkle and Rocky is an NBC cartoon series, where Bullwinkle is a moose(駝鹿) and Rocky is a squirrel(松鼠).

Chandler: Thats great.

(The drinks arrive, and Chandler downs his espresso in one gulp.)

Chandler: Well, Im gonna get another espresso. Can I get you another latte?

我要在喝一杯意式濃縮,你還要杯拿鐵嗎

Janice: (holding the full cup) No, no, Im still working on mine.

我還在喝之前那本

(Chandler walks over to the counter where Phoebe is, and is asking her about the break-up.)

Chandler: Thats it?

Phoebe: Yeah, it was really hard.

Chandler: Oh, yeah, that hug looked pretty brutal.

那個擁抱看起來特別殘忍

Phoebe: Ok, you werent there.

你當時又不在那裡

[Scene: The Launderama, Rachel is there, waiting for Ross. An old woman takes Rachels clothes off the machine and begins loading it with her things.]

Woman: Comin through. Move, move.

讓一下

Rachel: Oh, scuse me. I was kinda using that machine.

我在用這台機器

Woman: Yeah, well, now youre kinda not.

現在不是了

Rachel: But I saved it. I put my basket on top.

但是我保留了這個位置,我的籃子在上面

Woman: Oh, Im sorry, is that your basket? Its really pretty. Unfortunately, I dont see suds.

這個是你的籃子嗎?挺好看的,不幸的是,我沒看見肥皂

suds:n.肥皂泡沫;啤酒

Rachel: What?

Woman: No suds, no save. Ok?

沒有肥皂的話就不算保留這個位置

(Ross arrives.)

Ross: Whats goin on?

Rachel: Hi, uh, nothing. That horrible woman just took my machine.

這個糟女人搶走了我的洗衣機

Ross: Was your basket on top?

你的籃子在上面嗎

Rachel: Yeah, but, there were no suds.

但是沒有肥皂

Ross: So?

Rachel: Well, you know, no suds, no save.

Ross: No suds? Excuse me, hold on a second. (to woman) Thats my friends machine.

沒有肥皂??等下,這是我朋友要用的洗衣機

Woman: Hey, hey, hey, her stuff wasnt in it.

她的衣服不在裡面

Ross: Hey, hey, hey, thats not the rule and you know it.

這不是規矩,你是知道的

(The woman and Ross stare at each other. Finally she takes her stuff out of the machine and leaves.)

Ross: (to the crowd in the laundromat) All right, shows over. Nothing to see here. (to Rachel) Ok, lets do laundry.

好了,表演結束了,這裡沒什麼好看的,我們洗衣服吧

do laundry:洗衣服

Rachel: That was amazing. I cant even send back soup.

Ross: Well, thats because youre such a sweet, gentle, uh...Do you, uh, do you...Oh, hey, uh you must need detergent.

你需要洗衣粉

detergent:n.洗滌劑;去垢劑;洗衣粉

(Ross pulls out a huge box of laundry detergent.)

Rachel: Whats that?

Ross: Uberveiss. Its new, its German, its extra-tough.

這是德國的牌子,超強效的

(Rachel starts to load her clothes.)

Ross: Rach, do you uh, are you gonna separate those?

你要分開這些嗎

Rachel: Oh god. Oh, am I being like a total laundry spaz? I mean, am I supposed to use like one machine for shirts and another machine for pants?

我就像是個洗衣服的傻瓜,我應該用一台洗衣機洗上衣,一台洗下裝

spaz:傻瓜=bonehead

Ross: Rach, have you never done this before?

你之前沒做過嗎

Rachel: Well, not myself, but I know other people that have. Ok, you caught me. Im a laundry virgin.

不是我,我知道有些人沒洗過衣服。好吧,被你發現了,我沒洗過

Ross: Uh, well, dont worry, Ill use the gentle cycle. Ok, um, basically you wanna use one machine for all your whites, a whole nother machine for colors, and a third for your uh, your uh, delicates, and that would be your bras and your under-panty things.

別擔心,我會用輕柔模式。通常是用一台洗白色的衣服,另外一台洗有顏色的,第三個清洗內衣--你的胸罩還有內褲什麼的

delicates=underwear

Rachel: (holds a pair of panties in front of Ross) Ok, Well, what about these are white cotton panties. Would they go with whites or delicates?

這些白色的內褲呢,是要放到白色的裡面,還是內衣的裡面

Ross: (visibly nervous) Uh, that, that, that would be a judgment call.

看你自己了

[Scene: Fancy restaurant, Monica, Joey, Angela, and Bob are seated at the table.]

Monica: (to Joey) He is so cute. (to Angela and Bob) So, where did you guys grow up?

他好可愛。你們在哪裡長大的

Angela: Brooklyn Heights.

布魯克林高地

Bob: Cleveland.

克里夫蘭

Monica: How, how did that happen?

怎麼會這樣

Joey: Oh my god.

Monica: What?

Joey: I suddenly had the feeling that I was falling. But Im not.

我以為自己掉下來了,但是我沒有

Commercial Break

[Scene: Fancy restaurant, Joey and Bob are talking.]

Joey: So, you and Angela, huh?

Bob: Yep. Pretty much.

Joey: Youre a lucky man. You know what I miss the most about her? That cute nibbly noise when she eats. Like a happy little squirrel, or a weasel.

你真幸運。我知道我最想念她什麼嘛?她吃東西的時候發出來的聲音,就像是小松鼠或者鼬

weasel:n.鼬;黃鼠狼v.逃避;含糊其辭

Bob: Huh, I never really noticed.

我以前沒注意過

Joey: Oh, yeah, yeah, listen for it.

Bob: Monica, Monica is great.

莫妮卡挺好的

Joey: Yeah, but its not gonna last. Shes too much for me in bed. Sexually.

但是維持不下去了,她在床上太久了

[Scene: The ladies bathroom at the restaurant, Monica and Angela are talking.]

Monica: Ive gotta tell you, Bob is terrific.

我跟你說,Bob太好了

Angela: Yeah, isnt he?

Monica: It is so great to meet a guy who is smart and funny, and has an emotional age beyond, like eight.

遇見一個又聰明又風趣的人真好,而且他的情商遠高於八歲

Angela: You know what else? Hes unbelievable in bed.

你知道嗎?他在床上

Monica: Wow. My brother never even told me when he lost his virginity.

我哥哥從來沒有告訴我他什麼時候跟別人上床的

Angela: Huh. Thats nice.

[Scene: Central Perk, Phoebe is coaching Chandler on how to break up with Janice.]

Phoebe: Ok, you can do this. Its just like pulling off a Band-aid. Just do it really fast, and then the wound is exposed.

你可以做到的。就像是扯掉一塊創可貼,只要做的夠快,傷口就會露出來

pull off a Band-aid:撕掉創可貼

wound:n.(身體上的)傷,傷口;(武器造成的)傷;(心靈上的)傷,創傷v.使(身體)受傷;(用武器)傷害;使(心靈)受傷;傷感情

(Chandler walks back to couch, where Janice is.)

Chandler: Janice. Hi, Janice. Ok, here we go. I dont think we should go out anymore. Janice.

Janice: All right. Well, there you go. (she gets extremely wound up, and begins to try and calm herself down) Stop it, stop it, stop it.

[Scene: The laundromat.]

Rachel: Ok, I know this is gonna sound really stupid, but I feel that if I can do this, you know, if I can actually do my own laundry, there isnt anything I cant do.

我知道這挺蠢的,但是我覺得我可以做到這個,我可以自己洗衣服的話,就沒有我不能做的了

Ross: That does not sound stupid to me. You know, its like the first time I had to make dinner for myself, after Carol left me? (the buzzer on the washer goes off) Im sorry, thats all the time we have. Next on Ross...(opens up the washer) Uh-oh.

我聽起來不是挺蠢的。就像是Carol跟我離婚後,我第一次要自己做晚飯。不好意思時間到了,下一個是我了

Rachel: What uh-oh?

Ross: (not wanting to tell her) Uh-oh, uh-oh, the laundrys done. Its, uh, its a song. The laundry song that we sing. (singing) Uh-oh the laundrys done, uh-oh, uh-oh.

衣物洗完了,就像是首歌一樣。洗衣服的適合我們唱的歌

Rachel: Ross, whats the matter?

怎麼了

Ross: Nothing, nothing. Lee-lo, the laundrys done.

衣服洗完了

Rachel: Come on, show me.

給我看

Ross: All right, all right, its just that you left a red sock in with all your whites, and now, everythings kinda pink.

只是你在白色的衣服裡面放了一隻紅色的襪子,現在所有的衣物看起來是粉色的

Rachel: Oh, everythings pink.

Ross: Yeah, uh, except for the red sock, which is still red. Im sorry, please dont be upset, it could happen to anyone.

除了那隻紅襪子,還是紅色的。不好意思,你別沮喪,每個人都可能發生的

Rachel: Except it didnt. It happened to me. Oh, god, Im gonna look like a big marshmallow peep. What am I doing? What am I doing? My fathers right. I cant live on my own! I cant even do laundry!

發生在我身上了。我看起來就像是一隻粉色的小豬。我在做什麼?我爸爸說得對,我不能獨立生活,我不會洗衣服

(The woman who had tried to steal the washing machine walks by, and laughs.)

[Scene: The fancy restaurant, Angela has her hand in Bobs shirt, and Monica is very uncomfortable.]

Monica: Something went wrong with Underdog, and they couldnt get his head to inflate. So anyway, um, his head is like flopping down Broadway, right, and Im just thinking... how inappropriate this is. Um, Ive got something in my eye, uh, Joey, could we check it in the light, please?

狗氣球出了意外,他的頭無法膨脹起來。於是,於是他的頭落在了百老匯,我只是在想。。。這個有多麼不恰當。我眼睛裡進了點東西,Joey,你可以幫我看下嘛

Broadway:百老匯

(Her and Joey walk away from the table.)

Monica: Oh my god.

Joey: What?

Monica: Hello! Were we at the same table? Its like... cocktails in Appalachia.

我們是同一張桌子嗎,這就像是阿巴拉契的雞尾酒

cocktails in Appalachia:Appalachia(阿巴拉契亞山脈地區)在美國因為亂倫出名,用美國人的話來說就是 If you go to a cocktail party in Appalachia, you can easily see a brother kissing his sister. 所以monica用cocktails in appalachia形容這對「兄妹」太過親熱。

Joey: Come on, theyre close.

拜託,她們很親密

Monica: Close? Shes got her tongue in his ear.

親密?她的舌頭都伸到他耳朵裡面去了

Joey: Oh, like youve never gotten a little rambunctious with Ross.

就像是你跟Ross經常小打小鬧

rambunctious:adj.喧鬧的;歡鬧的

Monica: Joey, this is sick, its disgusting, its, its—not really true, is it?

喬伊,這太難受了,太噁心了,這不是真的,對嗎?

Joey: Well, whos to say whats true? I mean...

誰說這是真的

Monica: Oh my god, what were you thinking?

天啊,你在想什麼

Joey: All right, look, Im not proud of this, ok? Well, maybe I am a little.

我也不喜歡這樣,也許只是有一點點。

Monica: (hits him lightly) Oh!

Joey: Ow!

Monica: (leaving) Im outta here.

我要走了

Joey: Wait, wait, wait. You want him, I want her. He likes you.

等下,你喜歡他,我喜歡她,他喜歡你

Monica: Really?

Joey: Yeah. Im thinking, if we put our heads together, between the two of us, we can break them up.

我在想如果我們倆齊心協力的話,我們就可以拆散他們了

put our heads together:集思廣益

[Time lapse, Monica accidentally spilled her drink on Bobs shirt and is wiping it off. Joey is making eyes at Angela.]

Monica: Im so sorry, I cant believe I did this, but I couldnt stop laughing at your Norman Mailer story.

不好意思,簡直不敢相信我竟然做了這些,但是你的那個諾曼郵差的故事太好笑了

(Angela is eating chicken wings and making the weasel-like noise Joey had told Bob about.)

Joey: Uh, waiter, one more plate of chicken wings over here.

再要盤雞翅

[Scene: Central Perk, Chandler is still trying to ease things over with Janice, and there are about a dozen empty Espresso cups in front of him. He is extremely wired.]

Chandler: Heres the thing, Janice. You know, I mean, its like were different. Im like the bing, bing, bing. Youre like the boom, boom, (Chandler flails his hand out and hits Janice in the eye)... boom.

事情是這樣的,珍妮絲。我們倆不太一樣,我就像是呯呯呯,你就像是咚咚咚

Janice: Ow!

Chandler: Oh, my god, Im so sorry. Are you ok?

Janice: Ow. Um, its just my lens. Its just my lens. Ill be right back.

是我的隱形眼鏡,我一會兒回來

(She leaves.)

Chandler: (to Phoebe) I hit her in the eye! I hit her in the eye! This is the worst break-up in the history of the world.

我打到她的眼睛了。這是史上最糟糕的分手

Phoebe: Oh my god. (Chandler downs another espresso.) How many of those have you had?

天哪,你喝了多少

Chandler: Oh, I dont know, a million?

不知道,一百萬杯吧

Phoebe: Chandler, easy, easy. Go to your happy place. La la la la la la la.

錢德勒,放輕鬆,去你快樂的地方吧

Chandler: Im fine.

Phoebe: All right.

(Janice returns from the bathroom.)

Chandler: Im not fine. Here she comes.

我不太好,她來了

Phoebe: Wait here. Breathe.

(Phoebe goes over to speak to Janice. She talks to her for a few seconds, and then Janice immediately smiles, hugs her, waves to Chandler, and leaves.)

Chandler: How do you do that?

Phoebe: Its like a gift.

Chandler: We should always always break up together.

Phoebe: Oh, Id like that.

[Scene: The Launderama. Rachel is sorting her now-pink clothes.]

Ross: You got the clothes clean. Now thats the important part.

你把衣服洗乾淨了,這才是重要的事情

Rachel: Oh, I guess. Except everything looks like jammies now.

也許是這樣吧。除了一切看起來像是睡衣

(The same woman walks over and takes Rachels laundry cart.)

Rachel: Whoa, Im sorry. Excuse me. We had this cart.

這是我們的籃子

Woman: Yeah, well, I had a 24-inch waist. You lose things. Now come on, get outta my way.

我的腰圍曾經也是24寸,你丟東西了。拜託,滾遠點

(Rachel looks at Ross, who motions to her to get the cart back.)

Rachel: Im sorry, you know, maybe I wasnt being clear. Uh, this is our cart.

不好意思,也許我說的不是很清楚,這是我的籃子

Woman: Hey, hey, hey there arent any clothes in it.

裡面又沒有衣服

Rachel: Hey, hey, hey, hey, quit making up rules!

不要隨意制定規則

Woman: Let go!

讓開

(They struggle for the cart. Finally, Rachel climbs inside of it.)

Rachel: All right, listen, missy. If you want this cart, youre gonna have to take me with it!

聽我說,這位女士,如果你要這個籃子的話,你就一起把我帶走好了

(She thinks it over, and then walks away.)

Rachel: (to Ross) Yes! Did you see that?

Ross: You were incredible! Brand new woman, ladies and gentlemen.

太了不起了,全新的女人

Rachel: I could not have done this without you.

沒有你的話,我就做不到這些

(Rachel stands up and kisses Ross. He is stunned. A moment of silence follows.)

Ross: Ok, um, uh, more clothes in the dryer? (Ross turns and bangs his head on an open dryer door.) Im fine, Im fine.

烘乾機里還有衣服

Rachel: Are you sure?

Ross: No.

Closing Credits

[Scene: Central Perk, Ross, Rachel, and Phoebe are there. Ross has an icepack to his head.]

Rachel: Oh, are you sure youre ok?

Ross: Yeah.

Rachel: Does it still hurt?

還疼嗎

Ross: Yeah.

Phoebe: (seeing Rachels clothes) What a neat idea. All your clothes match. Im gonna do this.

真聰明,這樣所有的衣服都可以搭了,我也要這麼做

(Monica and Joey enter.)

Monica: Hi.

Phoebe: Hey, howd it go?

Joey: Excellent.

Monica: We ripped that couple apart, and kept the pieces for ourselves.

我們把那對情侶拆散了,然後據為己有

rip apart:拆散

keep the pieces for ourselves:據為己有

Ross: What a beautiful story. Hey, Im fine by the way.

Monica: (notices his head) Oh, Im sorry.

Rachel: Wheres Chandler?

Phoebe: Oh, he needed some time to grieve.

他要傷心會兒

grieve:v.(尤指因某人的去世而)悲傷,悲痛,傷心;使悲傷;使悲痛;使傷心

(Chandler runs by the window outside, joyous.)

Chandler: Im free! Im free!

我自由了

Phoebe: That oughta do it.

應該復原了


推薦閱讀:
相关文章