1.「 During the whole of a dull,dark soundless day
在那年秋季枯燥,灰暗而瞑寂的某个长日里
  
In the autumn of that year, when the clouds hung oppressively low in heaven
沉重的云层低悬于天穹之上
  
I had been passing alone on the horse's back
我独自一人策马前行
  
Through the Singularly,dreary tract in the country
穿过这片阴沉的,异域般的乡间土地
  
and at length found myself, as the shades of the evening drew on
最终,当夜幕缓缓降临的时候
  
Within the view of melancholy House of Usher
厄舍府清冷的景色展现在我眼前
  
I know not how it was
我未曾目睹它过往的模样
  
But with the first glimpse of the building, a sense of insufferable gloom pervaded my spirit
但仅凭方才的一瞥,某种难以忍受的阴郁便浸透了我的内心
  
I looked upon the scene before me the simple landscape features of the domain
我望著宅邸周围稀疏的景物
  
Upon the bleak walls,upon the white trunks of decayed trees
围墙荒芜,衰败的树遍体透著白色
  
With the utter depression souls
我的灵魂失语了
  
There was an iciness
我的心在冷却
  
A sinking.
下沉
  
A sickening of the heart 
显出疲软的病态

 

2. 有一种感觉无时不萦绕在我的脑海里,我对自己很诚实,我不再年轻,我正在老去,开始厌倦自己身体里的灵魂,有好几次,我用光了所有表情,从人群中仓皇逃走。

 

3.

So, to defend ourselves, and fighting against the stimulating of this dumbs into our thought processors.

为了保护我们的头脑, 阻止这种愚蠢的想法渗入我们的思想进程中。
 
We must learn to read, to stimulate our imagination, to cultivate our own consciousness、our own 
belief systems.
我们要学会阅读,用以刺激我们的想像力,耕耘它以提高我们的自我意识、我们的信仰系统。
 
We all need these skills to defend,to preserve our minds.
我们都需要这样的技巧,用以抵御,用以保有我们纯粹的精神世界。
 
 
4.
And never have I felt so deeply at one and the same time. So detached from myself and so present in the world.
这种感觉从未在我的身上如此刻骨地发生过。我的灵魂与我之间距离如此遥远,而我的存在却如此真实。
查看原文 >>
相关文章