由於本人之前寫過詩歌翻譯的論文,所以之後會不定期更新詩歌賞析啦~~歡迎大家分享自己喜歡的詩歌,互相交流哦!先來第一篇~~

《當你老了》 是葉芝早期名詩 ,發表於 1893年 ,獻給比他小一歲多的愛爾蘭著名民族主義者毛德 · 崗 ( Maud Gonne, 1866 - 1953) 。該詩文字淺顯 ,敘述直白 ,意境優美 ,深受讀者的喜愛 , 也被眾多國內學者從不同角度進行解讀。

When you are old and gray and full of sleep,

當你老了,白髮蒼蒼,睡思昏沉,

And nodding by the fire, take down this book,

在爐火旁打盹,請取下這部詩歌,

And slowly read, and dream of the soft look

慢慢讀,回想你過去眼神的柔和,

Your eyes had once, and of their shadows deep;

回想它們昔日陰影的濃重;

How many loved your moments of glad grace,

多少人愛你年輕歡暢的時刻,

And loved your beauty with love false or true;

出於假意或真心地愛慕你的美貌;

But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you,

只有一個人愛你那朝聖者的靈魂,

And loved the sorrows of your changing face;

愛你逐漸老去的臉上痛苦的皺紋;

And bending down beside the glowing bars,

躬身在火光閃耀的爐火旁,

Murmur, a little sadly, how love fled.

悽然地低語那愛的消逝,

And paced upon the mountains overhead,

在頭頂的山上,愛緩緩踱著步子,

And hid his face amid a crowd of stars.

將臉隱沒在羣星之中。

關於葉芝的這首詩在國內有幾十種譯本,包括袁可嘉,冰心,裘小龍,傅浩等等,這是William Butler Yeats 威廉·巴特勒·葉芝的一首追憶愛的詩篇。葉芝是愛爾蘭最偉大的詩人之一,他曾於1923年獲得了諾貝爾文學獎,獲獎的理由是「用鼓舞人心的詩篇,以高度的藝術形式表達了整個民族的精神風貌(inspired poetry,which in a highly artistic form that gives expression to the spirit of a whole nation)」。被詩人艾略特譽為「當代最偉大的詩人」。


推薦閱讀:
查看原文 >>
相關文章